In order to ensure that all of our guests have a relaxing and enjoyable stay at 8 Dyer Hotel, our Provincetown guesthouse, we have some policies we ask you to be aware of. Our bed and breakfast features a number of areas of shared amenities, like our pool and Jacuzzi and the complimentary bikes. To ensure that all of our guests are able to access these amenities in comfort, we request that our guests observe these policies.
- 8 Dyer Hotel is an intimate guesthouse in Provincetown, Massachusetts, embracing a diverse mix of guests. Our rooms are limited to a maximum of two guests per room, and we cannot accommodate any children under the age of 18. We do have one accessible room for those guests who temporarily or permanently experience a physical disability.
- For the comfort of our guests, the entire property is smoke-free. Anyone who smokes on the premises will be asked to find other accommodations and will be assessed a $250 cleaning fee. Candles are not permitted in guest rooms.
- We are not able to accommodate pets of any kind.
- Parking is on a first-come, first-served basis; however, there is generally sufficient compact parking for each room to park one car. We do retain keys of cars on the premises in order to afford other guests access to their vehicles. Vehicle owners are liable for any damage done by their vehicle.
- Provincetown is a very pedestrian-friendly town, and we offer bikes for the complimentary use of our guests. Should you need to use your vehicle with some frequency, we recommend that you choose to park in a nearby municipal lot where you can have free access to your vehicle.
Reservations & Deposits
- 8 Dyer Hotel operates year-round but closes from time-to-time for maintenance or if occupancy is low. Rates vary according to season and sometimes day of the week.
- 8 Dyer Hotel offers you the option to book online and take advantage of the secure credit card processing system. Generally there is a two-night minimum stay required. During certain periods such as holiday weekends and themed weeks like Carnival and Bear Week, longer minimum stays are required.
- 8 Dyer Hotel may offer a fully-refundable rate which requires a 50% deposit at the time of booking to secure your reservation and a non-refundable rate that is fully pre-paid and is not refundable for any reason. Additionally, any reservation for less than two nights will be charged in full at booking, as well as any reservation made less than 21 days before the arrival date.
- If you have a refundable rate, cancellations are permitted up to 72 hours before arrival, which means until 2 p.m. local time three days before your arrival. To receive a refund of your deposit on a refundable reservation, cancellations must be made in writing via email to 8 Dyer Hotel. A fee equal to 10% of the total reservation will be charged for all cancellations and no-shows. Reservations may be changed without incurring a penalty up to 72 hours before arrival. Final payment will be taken 72 hours before arrival.
- If you have purchased a non-refundable rate, canceling your fully prepaid reservation means you will forfeit your money. All reservations may be changed up to 72 hours before arrival with no penalty; higher rates may apply and is subject to availability.
- We encourage you to consider purchasing insurance at insuremytrip.com
Check In & Check Out
- We look forward to greeting you for check in between the hours of 2 – 6 p.m. When you make your reservation, we inquire about your arrival time, so we can do everything to accommodate your arrival. If you arrive earlier than 2 p.m., you are welcome to leave your luggage and begin your vacation and even enjoy the inn’s amenities. If you arrive after 6 p.m., it is no problem. We will provide you instructions to find your self-check-in package.
- Check out is at 11 a.m., however, guests are welcome to leave their luggage and even to use our pool and Jacuzzi and common shower before you head out. Parked vehicles may be accommodated if space permits.
Use of the Property
- We maintain an atmosphere that is congenial for adults. Any damage will be charged to the guest who is responsible for the damage. Guests are responsible for the behavior of any person whom they invite into the inn. Lost keys are charged a $30 fee.
- We do not provide a lifeguard for the pool or Jacuzzi. Guests are expected to exercise reasonable care in the use of all inn amenities. Guests are not permitted entry into any service areas of the inn, including the kitchen, in accordance with our license and health codes.
- Parties who wish to book the inn, are required to book all seven rooms and will be assessed an additional cleaning fee. For weddings, please contact us and request the wedding package.